Scan Physical Devices for Partitions and Drives
Physical Devices can be scanned for partitions and drives. There are two types of devices scanning: Advanced Device Scan and Low Level Scan distinguished by scanning algorithms.
To scan device using one of these methods, you can do follows:
- Select Physical Device tree by clicking on Physical Devices tab in Active@ UNDELETE Explorer.
- Select physical device item in tree you wish to scan. If device was not scanned before, one of two situations may occur:
- Dialog Device Scan Modes appear, that allow you select one of the device scan methods.
- Click on Advanced Scan or Low Level Scan button to start scanning by using desired method or click Cancel to abort scanning.
- If the check mark on dialog Advanced Scan Methods once was cleared, than default scan method will be selected to perform device scan.
- Otherwise, to perform Device scan you can do one of the follows:
- Click Actions > Scan... and then one of the options: Advanced Scan or Low Level Scan in command toolbar.
- Click Scan button in toolbar to perform selected scan. To change selection of Scan button use drop-down arrow on right side of the button.
- Right-click any device item in Active@ UNDELETE Explorer. Click Device Scan and than on of the options: Advanced Scan or Low Level Scan from the context menu.
- After Device scan complete, you will be able to browse device and see detailed information about partitions and drives found.