Active@ UNDELETE - Data Recovery Tool
- Recover deleted Files and Folders
- This is essentially the main feature of Active@ UNDELETE. To recover accidentally deleted files, simply scan the drive where they were deleted, then browse the scan results in a familiar Windows-explorer like browser, search and filter the results, select the required files, and recover them to a safe location. You can preview the scan results to confirm that the detected files are exactly the ones you need. Some restrictions apply in the DEMO version.
- Scan for Deleted Partitions
- In some cases, the files you seek from a particular drive do not appear to existing anymore - the partitions have either been deleted or overwritten by a new one. There is still a chance to recover some files in such a situation! The software can locate the deleted partitions first and allow you to scan them to reveal lost or detected files you need.
- Scan for files by their signatures
- Active@ UNDELETE can find files by their unique format specification (signature) even if the files cannot be found as part of the File Table. See table below for detailed list of supported files signatures.
Supported File Signatures
List of supported File Signatures by file types
|Photos & Images
||Music & Audio Files
- Restore detected partition
- Is your partition gone? Whether accidentally deleted by a user or by malicious software, there is still a chance to restored it if it has not been overwritten yet. Scan the Hard disk for deleted partitions and use the Restore command to get your partition back! We recommend restoring important data first.
- Working with a corrupted RAID system
- A disassembled RAID array can be virtually recreated by Active@ UNDELETE and some of the files located on the array can be recovered.
- Partition Manager
- By using the Partition Manager module in Active@ UNDELETE, you can perform basic partition operations such as creation, format and delete. It can be useful during partition recovery operations.
- Editing with Disk Editor
- For advanced operations, you can manipulate partition table and boot sector attributes by using template dialogs;
- Disk Images
- We recommend the creation of a Disk Image of a drive you are working with before any actual recovery or partition restoration is performed. It may prevent further data loss or in case of increasing hardware malfunction.
- File Preview
- To confirm that the file you have detected is exactly the file you seek, you can use the File Preview feature before actual recovery. It also helps to confirm file integrity first. Some restrictions apply in the DEMO version.
- Active@ Organizer utility
- The file organizer program is primarily used to open files of a chosen extension, look at data contained within that file, create a folder structure that matches the data contained within the file and move / copy the file to that folder. Its primary function is to organize / rename files after a catastrophic data loss.
Active@ UNDELETE - Edition Specifications
|Bootable CD/DVD/USB to recover data from damaged and unbootable PC|
|Support for 4096 byte sector size hard drives|
|Supports large (more than 2TB) size hard drives|
|Supports FAT, NTFS, NTFS + EFS, MacOS HFS+, Linux Ext2/Ext3/Ext4, Unix UFS, BtrFS file systems|
|Supports Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows XP / Vista / 2003 / 2008 Server Operating Systems|
|Supports Dynamic Volumes|
|Supports external USB Hard Drives, Portable Disks, USB Flash cards and ZIP drives. Auto-detect plugged\unplugged external devices|
|Scan results can be saved to the disk and loaded back from the disk later on||save only||save only|
|File recovery Features|
|Recovers files from deleted, damaged, formatted or reformatted partitions on IDE / ATA / SATA / eSATA / SCSI / SSD / USB disks||limited to 1 file per session||limited to 64kb|
|Supports recovery of compressed, fragmented and encrypted files on NTFS|
|Supports file recovery from MBR & GPT disk partitioning schemas|
|Recovers files on removable devices (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, etc.)|
|Recognizes file signatures when no file records exist, for most data types (MS Office documents, MP3, AVI, JPG, etc)|
|Custom (user) file signatures feature allows to define users own file format to detect during volume scan|
|Advanced search by file name, file date, mask, size range, file attributes and record ID's on existing volumes or on devices with unknown files systems, including a HDD, floppy disks, CD/DVDs, Flash Cards, USB drives, ZIP drives, Memory Sticks, and other removable media|
|Ability to preview file contents before recovery, including photos, images, MS Office Documents and PDF|
|Files and folders can be recovered to any (local or network) drive accessible by operating system using renaming and file conflict resolution settings|
|Active@ Organizer utility to organize/rename files after recovery|
|Restore partitions Features|
|Restores deleted or damaged NTFS / FAT32 / FAT16 / FAT12 / exFAT / HFS+ / Ext2 / Ext3 / Ext4fs/ UFS partitions|
|Scans partitions damaged by virus or with damaged MBR|
|Ability to search for a particular partition type (FAT, NTFS, etc.) in the Advanced Device Scan|
|Enhanced scan results analysis including detected partition filtering by file system or integrity attributes, evaluate partition restore status|
|Ability to modify properties of existing, found or virtual partitions to achieve better results|
|Advanced Tools and features|
|Disk Editor allows viewing and editing raw content of a file or any sector on the
drive in hexadecimal or text modes, easy navigation through logical partition stricture
of hard disk and more.
See Disk Editor Tool for details.
|File Organizer allows user to organize in folders (groups) or rename files by
file system or meta attributes before file recovery.
See File Organizer for details.
|File Organizer is advanced tool used to collect files from different scan
sources, organize them using File Organizer and recover in single
location at once.
See File Organizer view for details.
|Simultaneous Disk Image creation as a raw or compressed data image of several disks or volumes. Validate and open Disk Images created by VirtualPC or VMWare and recover data from them|
|Uses Virtual Partitions to perform data recovery in manual mode|
|Uses Virtual Disk as mocking device of existing disk to achieve better recovery results|
|Ability to Edit Boot Records to synchronize or modify partition integrity|
|File recovery wizards : step-by-step guided tools that allows to recover files from deleted, formatted or damaged partitions (volumes) or even from unpartitioned hard drive or removable media|
|Restore deleted partition wizard|
|Create new partition wizard: this step-by-step guided tool is easy way to create new partition (volume) on fixed hard drive or removable media.|
|Create, Open and Validate (verify) disk images wizard|
|Create Virtual RAID assembly wizard|
|Partition Management Features|
|Create , Format and Delete partitions on fixed disks or removable media|
|Expand existing partition to utilize maximum space available|
|Shrink existing partition (volume) preserving existing data on it|
|Modify partition properties and attributes|
|Initialize new physical disks|
|Rollback partition changes made on physical disk up to certain restore point|
|Convert MBR to GPT or GPT to MBR partitioning schemas|
|Virtually re-creates Spanned, Mirrored (RAID-1), Stripped (RAID-0) and RAID-5 Volumes|
|Supports Hardware RAIDs and Software RAIDs (LDM-based)|
|Different Types of RAID5 are supported (Left Synchronous, Left Asynchronous, Right Synchronous, Right Asynchronous)|
|Automatic RAID re-assembly for Dynamic Disks (software RAIDs managed by Windows OS)|
|Customizable user interface and color themes for better user experience|
|Dockable view panels for better working environment organization|
|Multiple Data Views for different purposes: Recovery Explorer, Document View, Recovery Toolbox, Scan Results View, Search Results, Log View, Disk Editor View, SMART Info, File Preview|
|Organizing files in groups by their extension, type and associated applications and enhanced file filtering, sorting by attributes|
|Advanced logging and system monitoring, hardware diagnostic report file|
|Application sessions helps to preserve scan results and working environment after application restarts|
|Supports localized and long file names|
|Context Help and User Support directly from the program. Extensive on-line documentation and how-to tips and advises|
General system requirements
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP, WinPE
- Administrators privileges required to install and run software
- Pentium processor or compatible
- 30 MB available on hard disk
- 64 MB of RAM or more
- Internet Explorer 8 or later, Mozilla Firefox 1.0 or later
- Mouse or other pointing device