Save and Load Scan Results?
You can save and re-use valuable scan results so that you do not have to repeatedly rescan a partition to recover data if you recovery is spread out over several sessions. You can save the entire Scan Results branch or perform a separate save for each Disk Scan or all scan set for particular device.
Scan results are saved with the file extension SCANINFO.
Save Scan Results
- To save the entire Scan Results branch, select the branch.
- To save a device node, select it under Scan Results.
- Right-click the selected node and click Save Scan Result from the context menu. The Save Scan Result dialog appears with the default path and a suggested file name.
- To change the file path, browse to a different folder.
- To change the file name, enter a name in the file name field.
- Click Save.
Load Scan Results
- To open the Load Scan Results dialog, do one of the following:
- From the File menu, click
- Right-click the logical drive node and click Load Scan Result from the context menu.
- If there is a Scan Results branch in the Recovery Explorer tree, right-click the Scan Results branch or right-click a Scan Results node and click Load Scan Result from the context menu.
- Browse to the folder that contains the scan result file and select the file.
- Click Open.
The data from the scan results file appears in a Scan Results node in the Recovery Explorer tree.
Save a scan results file to a physical drive that is different from the drive that contains the original files.