Active@ UNDELETE allows changes in local preferences for information display and recovery settings. To change local preferences:
- In the Active@ UNDELETE main screen, click the Active@ UNDELETE node.
- Click the Properties button on the toolbar or right-click the Active UNDELETE node and click Properties from the context menu.
- Click the Preferences tab and configure options from information in the table below. Click OK or Apply to use new settings.
- Deleted entry symbol - choose which symbol to display instead of standard but unreadable symbol ASCII#229. This symbol is being used by operating system on FAT volumes to mark deleted file or folder.
- Show deleted files only - mark this check box if you do not want non-deleted files to be displayed.
- Confirm unerase command - clear this check box if you do not want to confirm any unerase command each time.
- Allow the same drive - mark this check box if you do not have any other drives (hard drives, floppies, network, Zip ...). It will allow you to recover the file on the same drive where it was located before deletion. But be careful, use this opportunity only if there are no other options, because you could damage deleted data while recovery is in progress (see note below).
- Integrate with Computer Management Console - If your operating system supports Computer Management Console, you can easily integrate with it Active@ UNDELETE Snap-in by setting up this option, and it will be displayed and accessible the same way, as for example Event Viewer. See Network Configuration for more information. This option is available in Enterprise version only.
WE STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU TO SAVE ONTO THE SAME DRIVE DATA THAT YOU FOUND AND TRYING TO RECOVER!
While saving recovered data onto the same drive where sensitive data was located, you can intrude in process of recovering by overwriting table records for this and other deleted entries. It's better to save data onto another logical, removable, network or floppy drive.