Recover Files by Signature Wizard
Some files has unique patterns, allowed them to be found by advanced scan process. This Wizard will guide you via simple steps to help you to detect files by File Signature. It will allow you to review and recover detected files. To run this Wizard - click Recover Files by Signature from the Wizards menu, or click Recover Files by Signature button in Tools Tab in Command Bar.
Select Logical DrivesSelect at least one Logical Drive to scan for deleted files by File Signatures.
Select File Signatures to detect
Scan selected Logical Drives for deleted files and folders. Scan can be stopped at any time.Number of File Signatures impacts the scanning time.
Confirm and ScanReview scan options and initiate scan process by clicking Scan button. The scan can be stopped at any time.
Review volume scan results
Use the File Filter Toolbar to narrow down search results. By default, only deleted Files and Folders are shown. To view all files detected on scanned devices, click the Reset filter to default button in the toolbar.
Select file(s) to recover and click Next to continue.
- Use original file names
- Names of detected files will be preserved only if no file with that name exists in the destination directory.
- Rename files
- All files will be renamed by their given specified file root name and added enumeration ID. The file's extension remains intact.
Existing files conflict resolution
- Unique file name
- If a file with the same name exists in the destination folder, files with a unique name will be generated to avoid overwriting.
- Ask before overwrite
- If a file with a certain name already exists in the destination folder, the application will ask the user what action to take.
- Overwrite without prompt
- All files will be overwritten in the event they already exist in the destination folder.
- Skip existing files
- If file with the same name exists in the destination folder, the recovery of a new file will be skipped.
- Create Folder Structures
- When this option is selected, files will be recovered with their original folder structures e.g. the original folder hierarchy as it was on the source storage device. In case the files were organized in groups (by date, file extensions, or an associated application), then such groupings will be created by the folder structure in the location where the files will be recovered to.
- Recover Name Streams
- With this option on, files will be recovered with their original named streams.
Verify default recovery options and click Next to continue.
Confirm RecoveryReview recovery options, destination path etc. and click Recover to start recovering files.
Complete wizardClick to close the Wizard. After the recovery wizard has completed, you can open the destination folder to which the files were recovered. Use the default OS File Explorer or repeat the wizard again to scan another logical drive.All scan results will remain available after the wizard closes.