Initialize Disk (Physical Device)
To make disk accessible for application it needs to be initialized first by one of the following partition style:
- Master Boot Record (MBR);
- GUID Partition Table
To initialize physical disk proceed as follows:
Select disk to initialize
In Partition Manager select not-initialized Disk (Physical Disk).
Open the Initialize Disk dialog
- From the Partition Manager toolbar click Initialize button or use command ... from main menu;
- Right-click the selected item and click command from the context menu.
Confirm disk selection and other options in opened dialog.
- Partition style
Select either MBR (Master Boot Record) or GPT (GUID Partition Table) partition style.GPT partition style is not supported by older versions of Windows. It is recommended for disks larger then 2TB. For all other purposes we recommend to use MBR partition style
- Create typical bootstrap code
- Default generic bootstrap code will be written if this option is on.
- Clear Primary partition table
- Primary partition table records will be cleared.
It is highly recommended to not clear primary partition table in case of restoring deleted or damaged disk partitioning.
Click OK to complete disk initialization
After disk initialization it should be visible and accessible in Partition Manager for other actions, such as Create partition and more.