Select partition location
In Partition Manager select a Disk (Physical Device) or Unallocated space node.
Open the Create New Partition dialog
- From the toolbar click Create New Partition button or use command from main menu.
- Right-click the selected item and click Create New Partition command from the context menu.
Adjust dialog options
Use sliders to specify partition boundaries - offset and size. Mouse click on unallocated space will select it to utilize all space available.
- Primary or Extended
- Partition can be created as Primary partition (of number of available Primary partitions are not exceeded) or as Extended partition.
- Sector Offset
- First sector of created partition. It can be set exact by numerical value entered in text box or by moving left slider in Device View control;
- Partition Size
- Partition size can be set in megabytes or in sectors, depending on state of Measure in Sectors check box;
- Mark Partition as Active
- Newly created partition will be set as Active Partition;
- Assign Drive letter
- For Primary Partition or Logical Drive on extended partition drive letter can be assigned from the list of available in the system drive letters;
Format Partition [optional]
- Volume label
- Text label of partition (disk). This field can be blank
- File System
- Select file one of the supported file systems: FAT, FAT 32 or NTFS.
- Unit Allocation Size
- Depending on selected file system and total partition (disk) size available allocated unit size may be different. Default value of unit size is recommended.
Click Create button to create new partition
After partition created, it should appear in Partition Manager available for other actions like formatting.