Create custom file organizing rule
In addition to predefined file organizing rules user can create custom rules in File Organizer dialog and either apply (run) it immediately or use from context menu.
Open File Organizer dialog
Click File Organizer is used.command in view's toolbar where
- Assign text label for virtual disk to recognize in Recovery Explorer. Optional.
- File renaming rules
- User can decide to leave files as-is (default value) or rename every one of them by using file name pattern (see: File name tags) or choose to rename every file by file name pattern associated with file type (see: File renaming patterns by File Type).
- First and last sector
- Select virtual disk boundaries, by default - entire original physical disk is used.
Create new file organizing rule by
- Double click on gray item labeled <Double-click to create new folder rule> at the bottom of rule list
- or click Add new rule button in dialog's toolbar;
Add folder patterns
Double click on child elements in edited rules to open drop-down control with folder pattern choices. Each following folder pattern depends on previous choice. E.g. if media file pattern selected then all following pattern choices will be relevant to media files. See File attributes and meta tags for more info.
Set file rename rule (optional) by selecting one of the option:
- Leave default Use original file name option selected to skip file renaming;
- Select Use file name pattern and enter file name pattern to rename all files in rule or
- Select Rename by File Type option to rename all files in rule by renaming patterns associated with supported file types. See File renaming patterns by File Type for details.
Confirm and apply changes
Click Run button to apply and execute selected rule or click Apply button to save changes.
After rule is created, it will be automatically added to drop-down Organize Files menu in all related views and appear in context menu for file folders or file groups.