Using Active@ UNDELETE Overview
- Recover deleted Files and Folders
- This is one of the essential features of Active@ UNDLETE. To
recover accidentally deleted files, simply scan the drive where they were deleted,
browse scan results in familiar Windows-explorer like browser, search and filter
results, select required files and recover them to safe location. You can preview
results first to confirm that the detected files are exactly the once you need.
For DEMO version recovered file size is limited to 64kb.For Active@ UNDELETE Freeware you can recover only one file per session.
- Physical Disk Scan
- In some cases, you seek files from drives are not existing anymore - those partitions either deleted or overwritten by new one. It is still chance to recover some files in such condition! You have to located deleted partitions first and scan them as they are existing partitions and recover all detected files you need;
- Scan for files by their signatures
- Active@ UNDELETE can find files by their unique format
specification (signature) even if file can not be found in Partition File
Table. For now, we can recognise various file formats:
- Microsoft Office Documents.
- Formatted Text files.
- Compressed Archives.
- Images and Camera Raw files.
- Music and Videos.
- QuickTime Multimedia files.
See Supported File Signatures for complete list of default file signatures.
User can create custom, user defined File Signature Templates to be used to detect files during low level disk scan by customized file signatures. See User Defined file templates for details.
- Virtual RAID Assembly
- Disassembled RAID array can be virtually recreated by Active@ UNDELETE and some of the files located on these array can be recovered;
- Restore detected partition
- You partition is gone? Accidentally deleted by user or by malicious software it is still chance it can be restored if not overwritten yet. Scan hard disk for deleted partition and use Restore command to get your partition back! We recommend you to restore your important data first;
- Partition Manager
- By using small Partition Manager module in Active@ UNDELETE you can execute basic partition manipulation such as creation, formatting and delete. It can be useful during partition recovery operations;
- Disk Images
- We advice to create Disk Image of a drive you work with before any actual recovery or partition restoration. It may prevent loosing data in accidental writing of cumulative hardware malfunction;
- Edit boot sectors
- For advanced operations, you can manipulate partition table and boot sector attributes by using template dialogs;
- Disk Editor Tool
- Advanced and integrated in Active@ UNDELETE environment disk editor - read and write data on low level.
- Rollback Partition Changes
- If all your manipulation with hard disk partitioning was made by using Active@ UNDELETE you can rollback (e.g. undo) all changes you have made in few clicks.
- File Preview
- To confirm that the file you have detected is exactly the file you seek, you can use File Preview feature before the actual recovery. It also helps to confirm file integrity first. Some restriction applies for DEMO version;